Tłı̨chǫ Government Award Recipients for 2018
Behchokǫ̀, NT – The 2018 Tłı̨chǫ Government Awards recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of remarkable individuals/companies/organizations to protecting, preserving and enhancing the Tłı̨chǫ Way of Life. This is the highest form of recognition Awards of the Tłı̨chǫ Government.
Chief Executive Council of the Tłı̨chǫ Government, have announced the 2018 recipients of the Tłı̨chǫ Government Awards. They are:
- Joe Mantla of Behchokǫ̀ for Active Living & Cultural Skills Award
- Jonas Lafferty of Behchokǫ̀ for the Public Service, Politics, Law and Justice Award
- Johnny Eyakfwo of Wekweeti for the Life Time Achievement Award
- Marie Nitiza of Whatì for the Education and Health Award
- Camilla Vandal of Whatì for the Active Living & Cultural Skills Award
- Vickie Francisco of Yellowknife for the Business & Commerce, Environment & Natural Resources Awards
The Award Ceremony will take place, during the Tłı̨chǫ Annual Gathering Thursday, July 12th at 6:00 p.m. in the Mezi Community School in Whatì.
For more information, contact: Henry Zoe Senior Director Governance Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo / Tłı̨chǫ Government Phone: (867) 766-4003