18Run / Walking Program
Run / Walking Program
It’s not too late to sign up! And if the times do not work out for you, you can arrange a different run/jog/walk time with Mercedes at (867) 445 6724 or Titus at (867) 688 1380 throughout the week.
Remember each jog and walk counts as 1 ticket entry, the more times you jog or walk, the more entries to be entered in the draw on August 10.
16 + Women’s
16 + Men’s
14Behchokǫ̀ Spiritual Gathering
Behchokǫ̀ Spiritual Gathering
Behchokǫ̀ Spiritual Gathering: “On the Journey with God”
July 14-19, 2018 - Russell Lake
- The Spiritual Gathering week begins with a walk to Russell Lake on Saturday, July 14th followed by a Mass Service.
- A bus will go around town to transport people back and forth to the sıte from Behchokǫ̀.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and bring water to drink.
- If you want your home blessed please call 392-6221 stating your name, house number and phone number.
For more information, please contact Tammy Steinwand- Deschambeault at 392-6381 ext. 1352.
- Behchoko Spiritual Gathering July 14-19, 2018.
- Pilgrims are welcomed to stay out at Russell Lake during the week, firewood will be provided. Come and chose your camp spot but be respectful of family areas already chosen from previous years (marked by a structure).
- For breakfast and lunch, pilgrims are on their own, supper will be provided each evening at 5:00PM.
- Pilgrims are asked to dress for the weather (layers is good), bring a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Porta Potties will be on site with wash basins.
- A Wilderness Certified person will be on site at all times.
- The day begins at 10:30AM with the Rosary and Mass at 11:00AM.
- Afternoon activities including reflections will begin at 2-4:00PM.
- Homes will be blessed between 1-4:30 each afternoon. Sign up if you want your home blessed.
- At the Gathering Site, Youth and Adult activities each day from 2-4:00PM.
- Supper is at 5:00PM for all.
- Confession is at 6:00 each evening.
- Singing/Sharing is at 6:00 each evening; open mic.
- Themed Activity will begin at 7:00 each evening.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament begins at 8:00 each evening.
- Start the week on Saturday at 9:00AM leaving St. Michael’s church in Rae, transporting Blessed Virgin Mary out to Russell Lake. Followed by the Rosary and a Mass Service. Feeding the Fire will be at 3:00PM.
- Last Day of the Gathering, Lunch for all at the site, Feeding the Fire at 12:45 followed by bringing Blessed Virgin Mary back to the church.
17UNW Ratfication Vote Meetings
19Bus Trip for Elders
Bus Trip for Elders
Bus leaning July 19, 2018 and arriving back to Behchoko on July 27, 2018.
Please sign up with:
Reshinda Eyakfwo 867-688-0136
Nancy Rabesca 867-447-2933
LIMITED SEATS - 48 PEOPLE ONLY
20EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Summer Students
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Summer Students
Community Government of Behchoko is now hiring Summer Students!
Please submit your resume here!
DEADLINE: Friday, July 20, 2018.
20Call for Applications- Various Positions- CART Team
Call for Applications- Various Positions- CART Team
We are looking for camp cooks, cook helpers, camp helpers, wilderness safety officer, elders/knowledge holders and boat rentals/drivers.
Must be able to be out on the land July 30-August 17, 2018 and have standard first aid criminal record check.
Call the Tlicho Government Office in Behchoko and Contact Anita Daniels-Black or C.A.R.T member to forward your name.
Closing date for applications: July 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm.
21Lac St Anne Pilgrimage
23Dene Warriors Camp
Dene Warriors Camp
Dene Warriors Program
Who? For Tłı̨chǫ youth between the ages of 12-17
What? Tłı̨chǫ Youth On-the-land program focusing on the Tłı̨chǫ Culture and Practices
Where? Tłı̨chǫ Government – Behchoko Presence Office Cabin on Russell Lake
When? July 30-August 17, 2018
Deadline to apply is July 23, 2018
You can pick up an application at the Tłı̨chǫ Government Office or download it here.
THE BEST SHORT ESSAY ANSWERS WINS A PRIZE!
For more information please contact Anita Daniels-Black at 867-392-6381, ext. 1325
24AFN 39th Annual General Assembly
AFN 39th Annual General Assembly
The Assembly of First Nations (AFN) 39th Annual General Assembly (AGA) will take place on July 24-26, 2018 at the Vancouver Convention Centre located at 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 0C3.
06Tłı̨chǫ Government Closed for Civic Holiday
09Arctic Indigenous 2018 Investment Conference
10Learn to train Coach Workshop
Learn to train Coach Workshop
Registration is FREE and open online: https://nwtsoccer.goalline.ca/register.php?reg_form_id=24106
2048th Dene National Assembly
03Tłı̨chǫ Government Closed for Labour Day
18Arctic Indigenous Investment Conference
19Youth Ambassador Program Application Deadline
Youth Ambassador Program Application Deadline
Department of Municipal and Community Affairs is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Northwest Territories (NWT) Youth Ambassador Program. The program provides NWT youth with opportunities to build leadership skills through participation at special events and volunteer assignments. In the past, NWT Youth Ambassadors have attended the Arctic Winter Games, Canada Winter Games, Canada Summer Games and the North American Indigenous Games.
Applicants are selected based on community involvement, commitment to a healthy lifestyle and a personal reflection on how the Youth Ambassador Program will help them in the future. To qualify for the program, youth must be between 16 and 24 years of age on February 1, 2019. The deadline to apply is September 19, 2018. All NWT youth who qualify are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Youth Ambassador Program, to apply online or to download an application form, please visitwww.maca.gov.nt.ca.