Culture Coordinator attends National Indigenous Women’s Summit
Nora Wedzin, ISA Culture Coordinator, attended the fifth National Indigenous Women’s Summit (NIWS) in Toronto, Ontario from March 6-8.
- Nora Wedzin (Tłı̨chǫ Government);
- Pearl Bird (Northwest Territory Métis Nation);
- Tanya Gruben (Inuvialuit Regional Corporation);
- Angela Koe (Gwich’in Tribal Council);
- Sally-Ann Horassi (Sahtu Secretariat Incorporated); and
- Nyra MacKenzie (Akaitcho Dene First Nation).
“The National Indigenous Women’s Summit provided me with the opportunity to see strong Aboriginal Women from across Canada discuss issues that impact them directly and to provide recommendations on how to move forward. Work is required for young women to live healthy lives and that we have the programs in place to ensure this. One of the most importance discussing to empower women is to protect our languages and our way of life.” - Nora Wedzin
For more information please contact:
ISA Culture Coordinator
Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo / Tłı̨chǫ Government
Phone: (867) 392-6381 ext 1328