Tłı̨chǫ Winter Road - NIGHT TIME TRAVEL
Please be advised that due to very warm weather forecasted throughout the Tłı̨chǫ Region, all Tłı̨chǫ Winter Roads will be restricted to Night Travel only, starting March 29th at 10:00 PM.
Therefore, traffic will not be permitted during day time hours from March 30th onward when traffic will only be permitted on the winter roads from 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM. The Fuel Resupply is anticipated to start on Friday evening.
The Winter Road to Whatì is open to 42,000 kilograms GVW;
- Watch for Overflow at Km’s 2.3, 5.0, and Km 6.5 on Marian Lake.
- Watch for a pressure ridge at Km 11 on Marian Lake.
- Watch for equipment working clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
The Winter Road to Gamètì is open to 40,000 kilograms GVW;
- Watch for equipment working between Whatı̀ and Gamètì clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
The Winter Road to Wekweètì is open to 17,500 kilograms GVW;
- Please watch for Single Lane traffic on the portage South of Basler Lake.
- Please watch for a pressure ridge on Basler Lake.
- Please watch for equipment working and flooding operations on the north end of Basler Lake.
- Watch for narrow areas and equipment working clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
Please monitor the DOT website for updates.
Important updates are also on GNWT DOT Twitter: @GNWT_DOT.