May 29, 2018
Įdaà Ts’ade Academic Summit from June 24 to 30, 2018
Join us at for the first ‘Įdaà Ts’ade Academic Summit,’ to be held in Behchoko from June 24th – 30th 2018 proudly sponsored by the Tłı̨chǫ Government.
The summit theme is ‘Showcasing our successes to encourage the next generation’.
‘Įdaà Ts’ade’ means moving forward in Tłı̨chǫ language. Our academic summit is catered to Tłı̨chǫ youth to learn traditional knowledge and Western knowledge. Empowering the youth to move forward in today’s world, by showcasing the successes of our Tłı̨chǫ citizens.
The summit offers a variety opportunities for participants to ask questions and share by:
- Small group discussions
- Sitting in on panel session
- Traditional Tłı̨chǫ activities
- Keynote speakers,
- Breakout groups
- Network session
- Career Fair
- Banquet to celebrate the participants, facilitators and elders
- Two-day on the land adventure reconnect with cultural practices that has been passed down from generation to generation since time immemorial.
Through language, culture and Tłı̨chǫ way of life the ‘Įdaà Ts’ade Academic Summit’ empowers our youth by:
- Retaining lessons from the past and keeping an open mind to moving forward
- Maintaining culture and traditions to build a proud and healthy future
- Sshowcasing the successes of Tłı̨chǫ citizens to assure youths that it is not too late, it can be done, and it will be done.
- Teaching participants the philosophy of being “Strong Like Two People”
- To provide resources and contacts for furthering education, funding, employment etc.
For more information please contact:
Antonia Dryneck or Janelle Nitsiza @ 867-392-6381 ext. 1343 or via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com