Families on the Land Assistance Update
To All Approved Applicants of the Families on the Land Program;
The Families on the Land Assistance Program has resumed! The Tłı̨chǫ Government believes that the land is a safe place to be even during a pandemic provided that specific guidelines are followed. While out on the land you and your family members are asked to abide by the following guidelines to prevent catching and spreading COVID-19 and getting very sick while out on the land:
- All of the COVID precautions are to be followed while out on the land.
- regular handwashing or use hand sanitizer
- avoid touching face (eyes, nose, ears and mouth)
- coughing into your sleeve (or into a tissue and discarding)
- practice social distancing
- do not share water bottles, dishes, utensils, and clothing that covers the face.
- stay with your home family unit, do not mingle with other households
- Daily check-ins be completed with your community emergency person that you have listed on your application to let them know how your family is doing. This means you need to be in cell service area or have a Satellite phone to be able to communicate with your emergency contact person.
- As soon as someone is feeling unwell you are to inform your community contact and return to town. Once in town you are to contact the health center to explain someone is not feeling well (symptoms include: Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, new or worsening cough, generally feeling unwell, abdominal pain, chills, muscle aches, fatigue or weakness, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, headache, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, loss of sense of smell/taste, skin changes or rashes, loss of appetite.) and ask to get tested for COVID.
Please do your best to follow the above guidelines to help keep you and your family safe while out on the land. We wish you a wonderful time with your family at this beautiful time of year. Please stay vigilant against the COVID-19 fight. Together, we can beat it. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, please make arrangements to get vaccinated.
If you have questions regarding the Families on the Land Program please contact your Community Director.
Behchokǫ̀ Residents: Nolan Weyallon
Tel: (867) 392 6385
Gamètì Residents: Belinda Blackduck
Tel: (867) 997 3074 Ext: 1503
Whatì Residents: Shirley Dokum
Tel: (867) 573 3012 Ext: 1403
Wekweètì Residents: Diane Kodzin
Tel: (867) 713 2511 Ext: 1603
Yellowknife Residents: Cecilia Chocolate
Tel: (867) 766 4003 (Front Desk)