The late Dora Nitisiza receives the Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo Mǫǫ̀hla
Tłı̨chǫ Government award luncheon was held on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at the Mezi Community School, in Whatì, NT. Honouring the remarkable life of Dora Nitsiza for protecting, preserving and enhancing the Tłı̨chǫ Way of Life.
Cecilia Nitsiza, accepts the award on behalf of her late mother, Dora Nitsiza for the Culture Heritage and Spirituality Category.
This is the last 2016 Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo Mǫǫ̀hla / Tłı̨chǫ Government Award Medals to be given out.
In 2016, the Tłı̨chǫ Government awarded the Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo Mǫǫ̀hla / Tłı̨chǫ Government Award Medals to:
- Chief Jimmy Bruneau, of Behchokǫ̀ for Lifetime Achievement - Behchokǫ̀.
- Jimmy Martin, of Behchokǫ̀, for Education and Health - Behchokǫ̀.
- Dora Nitsiza, of Whatì, Culture Heritage and Spirituality - Whatì
- Charlie Gon, of Gamètì, for Public Service, Politics, Law & Justice - Gamètì.
- Jimmy Kodzin, of Wekweètì, for Active Living & Cultural Skills - Wekweètì.
The Tłı̨chǫ Government is accepting 2017 nomination forms for Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo Mǫǫ̀hla / Tłı̨chǫ Government Award Medals. Nomination forms are available at all Tłı̨chǫ Government offices and at www.tlicho.ca. The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2017.
Senior Community Director
Tłı̨chǫ Ndek'àowo / Tłı̨chǫ Government
Phone: (867) 766-4003