April 6, 2017
Tłı̨chǫ Winter Road - 48 Hour Notice of CLOSURE
Please be advised the Tłı̨chǫ Winter Road System is on 48 hours notice of Closure for the Season.
Please be advised that due to significant overflow on Marian Lake, the Tłı̨chǫ Winter Road is open to high clearance vehicles only and could be closed with little or no notice. Traffic is not permitted during day time hours and vehicles may only travel between 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM.
The Winter Road to Whatı̀ is open to 46,500 kilograms GVW; (High Clearance Vehicles only)
- Watch for significant Overflow on Marian Lake.
- Watch for a pressure ridge at Km 11 on Marian Lake.
- Watch for equipment working clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
The Winter Road to Gamètì̀ is open to 40,000 kilograms GVW;
- Watch for equipment working between Whatı̀ and Gamètì clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
The Winter Road to Wekweètì is open to 32,000 kilograms GVW;
- Please watch for Single Lane traffic on the portage South of Basler Lake.
- Please watch for a pressure ridge on Basler Lake.
- Watch for narrow areas and equipment working clearing Lakes and Portages to width.
Please monitor the DOT website for updates.
Important updates are also on GNWT DOT Twitter: @GNWT_DOT.